9 Memes and GIFs Only Someone Who Had Braces Would Understand
May 17, 2018
Getting braces is a unique experience, and there are some things that only someone who’s had them would understand. Which one’s your favorite?
1. Picking the right colors
The hardest decision to make when you have braces is choosing which colors you want. Luckily, if you don’t like your choice, you’ll get to change them again in a few weeks!
2. Adjusting your smile when you first get them on
It’s always hard to adjust to braces at first, especially when you aren’t used to them. What creative smiles have you tried with your new “brace face”?
3. Eating food after getting your braces tightened
Not to mention worrying about food getting stuck in your brackets. Don’t worry. You’ll be back to eating your favorite foods in no time! Until then, take some pain relief medicine and use an ice pack to ease the pain.
4. Or… eating as much soft food as you can
Ice cream, oatmeal, and other soft foods can become your new best friends!
5. Watching someone eat something you can’t
Who else misses eating corn on the cob?
6. When your orthodontist asks if you wore your rubber bands
If this happens to you, just be honest and wear them as directed next time! Do not double up or lie about wearing them. Your orthodontist will be able to tell.
7. Wondering when your braces come off
Sometimes the wait can feel like forever, but when you’re hoping it’s finally time… number 8 happens.
8. Being told, “You’ll get your braces off next appointment!”
Great news, right? Until you’ve been told this at least three appointments in a row.
9. When you can’t stop smiling after you’ve gotten them off
There’s nothing better than the feeling of getting your braces off! Make sure to show off your smile to everyone you meet!
Which one’s your favorite?
Share your favorite with us on Facebook! Are there some truths we’ve missed? Share with us some of your funny experiences with braces too!