A Proven Way to Straighten Your Smile
Are you looking for ways to straighten your teeth? Consider getting traditional metal braces, a classic but effective way to get a better smile. Traditional braces work by placing a constant, gentle force in a carefully controlled direction to move teeth to a corrected position. They can provide a straighter smile sometimes in as few as 18 months, depending on the treatment needed.
What Can Traditional Braces Treat?
Is it hard for you to chew certain foods? Are you embarrassed by large gaps in your smile? Traditional braces can help. Braces can fix a variety of bite and teeth alignment problems, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
With traditional braces it’s easy to work with in conjunction with other orthodontic appliances to get the perfect smile and bite. Why is orthodontic work so important? Aligning your bite actually comes with a number of health advantages too! A properly aligned jaw can:
- Prevent toothaches and pain from an uneven bite and teeth grinding
- Reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease
- Fix speech impediments
- Improve self-esteem
Depending on when you choose to get orthodontic treatment, traditional braces can prevent the need for more extensive dental work in the future.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
Traditional braces don’t have the stigma they used to. While some patients may dread having “brace-face,” the brackets used have gotten much smaller and more discreet. Braces are also:
- Effective. Traditional metal braces are proven to have great results. Check out our smile gallery to see more! Plus, they’re more comfortable than they used to be.
- Durable. While they are more visible than other orthodontic treatment options, such as ceramic braces, they are much more durable. The stainless steel brackets and nickel-titanium wires can take a lot of wear and tear. This makes them much easier to take care of.
- Colorful. Braces don’t have to be boring! You can choose a new color of bands for them at every adjustment appointment. Whether you want to show school spirit or celebrate for the holidays, the possibilities are limitless!
Who Are Braces For?
Traditional braces aren’t just for kids and teenagers. If you’re an adult wanting to improve your smile, you can do it with traditional braces! In fact, according to the American Association of Orthodontists, one in four orthodontic patients are adults.
What to Expect With Your New Braces
When you get braces with Smile Ranch, we strive to make sure they don’t get in the way of your extra-curricular activities, such as sports or playing musical instruments. You can also expect to have an appointment with us every six to eight weeks to make sure your treatment is progressing smoothly.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind during treatment too. You may not be able to eat certain foods, and it’s crucial to continue going to the dentist while you have braces to prevent permanent stains forming on your teeth after your braces are removed.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Want to learn more about getting traditional braces at Smile Ranch? Schedule your free consultation today! We have five convenient locations and two experienced orthodontists, Dr. Alan Jensen and Dr. Douglas Anderson. We’re happy to walk you through what to expect with your new traditional braces, and we’d love to answer any questions you have.